Saturday 18 February 2017

SYMPATHY BLOOMS

Hello.
So, what's your least favourite stamps to work with?
Mine has to be flowers.
I am rubbish at flower cards, but I do love seeing them.

I searched for some blooms and leaves that looked easy to use,
and came across this Wplus9 set.
Yay! I made a half decent flower card :-)


During the process of making this card, and stamping about 100 leaves and blooms, 
I finally discovered where my problem lies.
It's colour.
I really struggle to get the right colours and matching shades, for all the elements,
especially with my limited supply of inks.
I think I need to follow some colour-combo challenges for a while.


Challenge.


Fantastic Florals

Supplies.
WPlus( - Feathers and Florals
Mama Elephant - Labeled Messages
MFTstamps - Stiched Scalloped Border Die
Inks - VersaColor  - Turquoise, Laurel Leaf.  Memento - Dandelion, Gray Flannel.



4 comments:

Jen W. said...

Its way more than half decent and I love the colour combo you've used! My problem with flowers is stopping myself from being so rigid. Leaves don't have to always be green and you can have any colour bloom you want. I have to keep reminding myself of that!!

Juls said...

always hard to make a sympathy card .. this is beautiful, stylish and I like the colours xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Caroline! It's so pretty & striking.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Barb Ghig said...

You are not at all 'rubbish' at flower cards...this is absolutely gorgeous! And, I LOVE your color combo!