Friday 21 October 2016

Be Merry


Hello.

Today I'm sharing a simple card


Cornelia's card is a real stunner and I took inspiration from
several of her design elements.

I used green and gold as my colour palette,
with gold embossing to add that metallic element.
I tried to put a reindeer next to my tree, but the size just didn't fit well,
so I opted for that little penguin instead.
Then I placed the sentiment in a similar place to Cornelia's
and sprinkled a couple of sequins.




Crafting Tip: I was so tired of all my scissors being sticky from cutting
foam tape that I raided the garage. 
I came across WD40. 
Sprayed it on the scissors - left them for half an hour and then wiped it off. Wow! 
I now have super clean and non sticky scissors :-)

MamaElephant - Arctic Penguins & Labeled Messages
MFT - Oh Christmas Tree stamped in Versacolor Celadon
Wow Metallic Gold Embossing Powder
DP - Echo Park, Bundle of Joy
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Rectangle



8 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh, how adorable is that?!!!! Just love this! Thanks for the scissor trick - that will be the first thing I'll do when I get home! Thanks, for playing along with us at MCV this week!

Marilyn said...

Your card is adorable. Wonderful interpretation of Cornelia's card. Love that WD-40.

Ardyth said...

This is super sweet - love the retro feel of your colour choice! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Caroline!

Robyn Oliver said...

wow Caroline I love your card - it's so cute and fresh - great take on Cornelia's card

Birgit said...

Ok, I also have sticky scissors, but I don´t know what WD 40 are. Is that what we call 5-56, a lubricant ... or is it something else? Anyway, it´s a fantastic card you have created!

Lee said...

Soooo darn cute.Simple but very imaginative.xx

Lynne in NI said...

Great card, you got my vote over at The Muse :)

foleysfriend said...

Your penguin is so cute; love your interpretation of Cornelia's Muse card