Saturday 14 February 2015

Flowers are scary


*** Happy Valentine's Day ***

Hope you're all having a good weekend.
Woohoo - no diet for me today :-)
I have Prosecco and chocolates at the ready, and I'm cooking hubby's
favourite meal tonight...   a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings. 
Yum.

Here's my card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch challenge - 
not a penguin in sight ;-)


 If you're a regular visitor here, you'll know that I am florally challenged.
So this was kind of a scary card for me.
I created a little flower display by randomly stamping my blooms and foliage.

I'm not sure what you call this technique with the word die - any ideas?
I cut the die from my stamped panel, and kept it to one side.
Then I die cut another two 'thanks' from white card and layered them all up - 
putting the original one (with the stamping on it) on top.
Then I placed it back into the space on my panel.
IRL - it has a much more 3d look than the picture shows.


Supplies.
Stamps & Dies - Lawn Fawn, Penelope's Blossoms / Thanks Die
Memento Inks - New Sprout / Pistachio / Angel Pink
VersaColor Inks - Boysenberry / Magenta.




8 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Caroline, a really effective design and I love the way you have arranged the pretty flowers.
I hope you are having a good weekend.
Sue xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Caroline - fabulous design - no need to be scared of florals - this is brilliant.
Enjoy your chicken dinner - and wine and chocolates - we have fillet steak and wine and chocolates :o)
Debs xx

Deepti said...

So pretty! Love the overlapping sentiment :)

Unknown said...

Fabulously done my dear! I love how elegant it is!

Juls said...

So pretty xx

*Vicki* said...

WOW! This is so gorgeous!! Love the die cut with the stamping over it!!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card! I love the camouflaged diecut word! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Gorgeous! I love how you "camouflaged" the word. So clever!