Thursday 9 October 2014

When Black Cats Prowl

Halloween here is a pretty sad affair.
We're lucky if we get half a dozen groups of trick or treaters at the door!
I miss the days when we would have a big, kids party, with ghosts
and witches screaming through the house   :-)
So, I only need a couple of cards - one for each of my daughters.
And this year, I went with the same design for both of them.

We are all animal crazy - 
Annabel has a couple of cats and Maria has a shared  'house' cat ,
so I thought this stamp would be perfect for them.

At the last minute, I die cut a circle into the orange card, to make a 'moon'
which helped to balance the card and add a little more interest.
 

Challenges.

The Card Concept - Colour Challenge Black/Orange/White  in the CAS style.
A Little Bit Crafty - Boo (Halloween)

Supplies.
Little Claire's Silhouette Cats.
Circle Nestie Die.   Sentiment Made On My Comp.

... and here's a little loook at the cats :-)

 Benga and Nero

Elvis

Happy Haunting   xxxx


14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a perfect silhouette scene for your card! I love the orange and black and how you've done your moon!! HUGS :)

Kerin said...

Love the silhouette of the cats and your punched moon is very clever! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super card for Halloween, fantastic photos of the cats.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Stressed Stamper said...

fab card - yes cut out balances the whole card. we get trick or treaters - but on the whole in the UK we do not send cards like they do in the U S - shame really - don't make any...
Hugs
Sarah x

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, always love black and orange! Cute moggies too, Jo x

Sue said...

Fabulous card. I love the cats and wonderful design.
Benga, Nero and Elvis look totally adorable, thank you for making me smile!
Sue xx

Debs said...

Fabulous card Caroline - the die cut 'moon' is the perfect finishing touch.
This would look great in our Orange and Black challenge at Divas by Design :o)
Debs xx

Deepti said...

This is a winner ! What a fab scene :)

Debbie Bonczek said...

Adorable card! Love the popped panel of orange, and those kitties (the ones on the card and off the card!).

Jill V said...

This is a great card - I love the cats and the moon is perfect!

Anonymous said...

That moon totally sets the scene! Such a gorgeous silhouetted scene. Love this!

sue t. said...

I can see my fur kids- Zephyr and Pinkie in your card!! It is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Lee said...

Now this card I LOVE.Gorgeous moggies sooo cute.xx

Geri said...

Adding the moon was an awesome idea! You obviously have a keen eye for design and felt that 'little something' was missing....and you found it! I adore this sweet, clean & simple design! And being a ca-razy cat person, I adore the wee felines on your card and in your blog photos!

Gorgeous kitties (we have two precious cats - both belong to our daughter but live at "grandma & grandpa's house!). Can't say that I mind though!

Thanks for choosing to share your card (& pics) with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)