Thursday 13 March 2014

Simple Woodgrain

Hey there.
Have you been playing along at CASology?
Every week they have a 'cue word',  which floats around in my head for a few days, before I get the flash of an idea.
This week the word is ROOTS


I went down the obvious path and used a woodgrain paper (Pink Petticoat),
taking inspiration from this week's MUSE card and using it as my base, with minimal additions.

Do you like the little pin? I found it in my bead box. That's the first time I've used one of those.
Are you supposed to cover the sharp end somehow?

Challenges.
CASology - Roots
Muse - #58

10 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Caroline. I love the paper and fabulous mix of sequins, pearls and gems.
Sue xx

Unknown said...


Great card! Love the simple style. tfs I wondered the same thing about pins. I was thinking you can use a metal or clear plastic earring end--found at the craft store in jewelry. That way the recipient could reuse the pin.

Anonymous said...

Great take on the challenges and such a neat pin too, it would be something that I would hoard but looks so much better on a card!

Aileen said...

Nice card, like the way you used the paper with minimal additionals. Love the hat pin (when I use them I put the end from the back of stud earrings on the point). Of course you need to have some spare or you cant wear your earrings!!! I bought a punch thru ebay 'earring backs' as I like making the hat/lapel pins as gifts.

Deepti said...

Gorgeous card!! Though it has a simple design but there is something very eye catching about it :) I love it

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is simply stunning, huggles Pops x x x

Ardyth said...

Love how you've combined these challenges! It's a really funky take on woodgrain and I love it! Thanks for joining us at Muse and CASology this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous color blue, and lovely little bits you have chosen. I don't think it is so obvious, pretty clever! Very pretty too! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your funky woodgrain and minimal accents Coroline! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology!