Saturday 5 October 2013

God loves a trier!

Damn it!
I was so pleased with myself, last week, to enter my BOO card over at LIM,
until I realised I had fallen foul of the challenge rules.
I really should learn to read the small print.
So, here's my second attempt - just a couple of problems
1. it's probably not CAS enough and
2. it's a day late!!!!
Ha ha!
God loves a trier.


I made a little snow scene with some pretty DP and my landscape die.
 The cute LOTV bear is coloured with Copics and stickles glitter
 (I also dotted some glitter on the pink DP)
and then he is popped up on foam pads.


Looking through my sewing box this week, I came across some bias binding 
and wondered how I could use it on my cards.
It's a little thick for tying into a bow, so I experimented with stamping on it. 
It works beautifully  - and the binding is only about 20p a metre.
 

Challenges.
LOTV's Ideas to Inspire - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes with Ribbon
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes

Stamp - LOTV Presents for 2 coloured with Copics and Stickles glitter   DP - Dovecraft Christmas Fancy
Die - Spellbinders Circle and Memory Box Landscape
Sentiment Stamp - Penny Black Christmas Critters  Blue Bias Binding.   Crystal Gem 


12 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Caroline. I love James Bear. The colours and layout are wonderful.
Sue xx

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Caroline, love the cute bear and fab design.
Wendy xx

Aileen said...

So cute Caroline. Your snowy scene looks like a snowglobe in the background. x

Wishcraft said...

Ooh I think it's fabulous Caroline! Super cute image and great design too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Olivia said...

Fantastic job this time. Love the CAS style of this one. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Lee said...

Well,it's flippin Gorgeous anyway.xx

Anonymous said...

I love your CAS card!! I know what you mean... I have completed some very detailed cards only to find out that after I spent time adding those last details... the linky closed on me... ah, well... so it goes...

This is adorable!! You have used those materials in a cool way !! :0 :)
Thank you for joining us @ Loves Rubberstamps this week for Anything Goes!! :) :)

I hope you will pop by my blog for your chance at my bi-weekly candy!! There is quite a big prize pack this week!! :) :) ~Nicole~

Judith said...

great project, thank you for entering the 4 Krafty Girlz challenge - good luck xx Judith DT

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Thanks for joining us at 4 krafty girlz challenge blog. ..Anita DT

Erica said...

Hi Caroline,

Such a cute card! I love the nice bright colours and I love how you've created the little background scene behind James!

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge!

Good Luck!

Hugs

Erica x

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Caroline!
xx