Thursday 25 July 2013

Ink it Up

 Finally, I have got my hands on some of the awesome stamps and dies from Clearly Besotted.
I placed an order last Thursday and they dropped through my letter box the very next day.
How's that for service?
Here's my first make with them...

 

 I did come across a couple of problems with them.
1. My stamping was awful - I only have a few coloured ink pads and they are about 100 years old.
2. After stamping the image I found it impossible to line up the die over it, for a perfect cut.

BUT...
1. I have ordered some juicy new stamps - Memento Dew Drops (shhh, don't tell hubby)
2. I found a fab video tut, by Michelle Short showing how to make a little template, 
to ensure a perfect die cut every time.
Problems solved :-)


I hope you like my brighter, more cheerful take on a 'thinking of you' card. 
This is for a blogger friend who has been taking a little time out.

Challenges
Muse -  I cased Tracey's card, substituting my stamps for the flowers she used, 
but sticking to the same layout and colours.
Papercrafting Journey - Punches and/or die cuts
Papertake Weekly - Dies and/or Punches
Aud Sentiments - With Sympathy or Thinking Of You Sentiment


  • Clearly Besotted Stamps - Home Sweet Home
  • Matching Tree & House Die
  • Sentiment Stamp - Cearly Besotted 'Time To Relax'
  • Dew Drops
  • Nested Pennant Die

20 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Caroline :-) I need to get me some of these stamps and dies ,,,, lovely design :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

hope all is well with you ,,, its a long time since we had a chat ,,, we need a catch up :-)

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Caroline. I love the images and fabulous design.
I agree with you, the service from Clearly Besotted is first class.
Sue xx

Stacy said...

That is an adorable card! Great work!

NGCARDS said...

A lovely creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous :0)I love the colours too biggest of hugs love Pops x x x

rosie said...

stunning card Caroline. love the images and the colours you have used.
your friend is very lucky to receive such a beautiful card x

hugs to you always x

Ardyth said...

Oh good, you found that video - it's very useful! Such a fun clean interpretation of Tracey's Muse - thanks for playing along!

Tracey McNeely said...

Caroline this is such a fun card, I love that CB set too. I haven't used it yet but love how you captured the colours with it. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the Muse Card Club Challenge.

Karen M said...

I love the colours and design on your card - its gorgeous! xx

Anonymous said...

fab card - it has a very calm feel to it.

Lori said...

So very sweet! Love the unexpected colors for the house and tree top.

Neets B said...

Such a lovely card. I have lots of CBS sets but this one is still on my wishlist, its fab. I too found Michelle's tutorial, so glad as I didn't have a clue of how best to line them up :)

Greta said...

Such a sweet card & great for the MUSE challenge!

~ Jo ~ said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge!

Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Lee said...

It is really Beautiful !!!!! Hugs xx

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Really like the contemporary design of this card and the colours used. Lovely.

Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

Mel xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous CAS card Caroline. Such a clean and contemporary design - love it!
xx

Sandra said...

This is super.
Thanks for joining in at Aud Sentiments with your creation
xxx

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Caroline and love the pretty colours. Hope everything is ok with you
x catherine

Lucy Patrick said...

This is such a lovely card Caroline, I bet your friend loves it and it doesn't look like you had any issues lining up the dies with the stamped images at all. Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Paper Crafting Journey, XOX Lucy