Wednesday 10 October 2012

When black cats prowl...

Is it getting chilly where you are?  I am sat here, in my boots, leggings, 2 cardis and a scarf!! 
The kitchen temperature thingy is reading 16C - time to blast the heating on me thinks.

I have just 2 Halloween cards to make this year, and here is the first one... for my dd Annabel and her b/f.


I know that my girls' have a big Halloween party planned, but I have no idea what Annabel is going as - she usually decides the night before and wants a costume making lickety split!

I do know that Maria is going as a peacock (weird!) - so I will be trying out my blues/greens on this image next.

Oh, and the 2 kittys I added are for Annabel's fur monsters - Benga and Nero.



Can you spot todays deliberate mistake?
I added some glitter to the bottom of her dress and sprinkled silver instead of my fav. Glamour Dust.
Definitely a *bleep* moment - it looked awful - so I went over it with an orange Copic to try and blend it in...   all I can say is - it's better than it was!

Challenges.
Tiddly Inks - Fall
Digi Galore - Goth (hope 'cute' goth is ok)
Cupcake Craft - Autumn
Papertake Weekly - All creatures great and small. 
Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes
Divas by Design -  Anything Goes
Without Words - Things that go Bump. (Thanks to Squirrel for the heads up on this this challenge, where the focus of your card should be the image and they like you to have fun with colour.)

Supplies.
Digi Image from Tiddly Inks, coloured with Copics.
DPs - Memory Box, Blackbird.   Fancy Pants, It's the little things.
Prima, Printery.
Cats - Little Claire's, Silhouette Cats.
Ribbon,  Gems,  Spellbinders Dies.

26 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the image which is beautifully coloured and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous Halloween card Caroline - love the rich colouring and the two love-birds. A superb background image too - absolutely brilliant!!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Anne said...

Love this Caroline, a smashing image and the copics and glitter look fine to me
Anne x

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is brilliant Caroline! Love the image, the perfect background and your amazing colouring!!
xx

Aileen said...

Gorgeous colouring on your image and super spooky background. x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Caroline.
luv
Debby

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, this is stunning, and would fit so wonderfully in this month's Without Words challenge. Love it. Hugs Sxx

Leah's Crafty Life said...

This is so fabulous Caroline!! I am loving how you colored up her dress.. so fabby!!

Erin said...

Beautiful card ... and i think the glitter just looks perfect
thank you for joining us at
Digi Galore
Erin xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Caroline, fantastic colouring and fab spooky scene in the background especially the black cat :) Donna ♥ x

Squirrel x said...

Oh hunny, thank you! Gorgeous entry for Without Words, and it's fab to have you join us for October with your stunning card. Hugs Sxx

Larissa said...

Fabulous card. Your colouring is really perfect. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Unknown said...

Hi Caroline, beautiful card - wonderful colouring.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Shell said...

Brilliant card, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Shell xx

Stressed Stamper said...

Love it - perfect card hun - now off to read rest of your blog and catch up on gossip
Hugs
Sarah x

Stressed Stamper said...

so where are you living now hun - cant work it out?
xxSarah x

Stressed Stamper said...

Oh my god just seen it Co Durham...OMG - sorry - with you - thats bloody miles away.....OMG sorry....OMG - sont know what to say apart from OMG
Sarah x

Lee said...

Oh my word,this is Super Stunning.Hope you all ok.xx

Faye said...

This is a wonderful card. I love it when you play with this image. Gorgeous. The glitter looks fab too. X

Loopylou. said...

oh my caroline this is just jaw dropping gorgeous, I love her eye shadow too.
thank you so much for sharing it with the tiddly inkers this week
hugs Lou xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning card Caroline, wish I had your colouring skills, thank you for sharing the autumnal colours with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Lucy said...

I LOVE the colours on your card & the way you've added so many details. I think the glitter looks perfect too - you wouldn't have known it was a mistake if you'd not said.


Thanks for joining us at Digi Galore x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Caroline :-) the image is FAB, love the little kitty too and the colours and details are all fantastic ! I love the glitter too and think it looks brill !! a happy mistake me thinks ,,,, :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Krista said...

Thank you for joining us over at Digi Galore challenge!
Love the cute Goth you made!
Your coloring is awesome!

Hugs,
Krista
DT Member Digi Galore
http://www.kristadesign.nl

ccroll said...

Stunning work, Caroline! :) Love it!
XOXO
Christy

coops said...

so stunning caroline.your colouring is fantastic and i love the image.
thanks for joining in our challenge at Without Words :D

xx coops xx