Wednesday 24 October 2012

Bears need people...people need bears!

Typical!
I bought some cute, new Elf digis at the weekend, just as the printer decided to cough and splutter.
Some nice Kodak doctor is sending me a new head for it though - so after a transplant, it may yet survive.

I did need to make a start on my Christmas cards though.
It is only 61 days til Santa. Eek!!


I stamped and paper pieced my Me To You bear, adding some colouring and shading on the DP.
This card is best viewed from about 10 paces back - then you don't notice all my mistakes!! 
You're searching for them now, aren't you? :-)




 Challenges.
I followed the sketch at Christmas Challenges. I did move my image to the side though  (don't worry girls, just delete me if this isn't ok). There is also an added twist this week, to use flags/banners. I put my sentiment on a little die cut banner.
ABC Christmas - Up to You. 
Cupcake Craft - Pieced Off! 
St. Luke's Charity - Simple Christmas 
  
Supplies.
Stamp - Me Tou You, Winter Wonderland, coloured with Copics.
DP - Memory Box, Mistletoe.  Embossed Dots Folder.
Spellbinders Pennant Die.  Ribbon from my stash.   Sentiment, Craftwork Cards.
   

 

22 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A super Xmas card Caroline - the Teddy is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured.

Is it really only 61 days to Santa Time? Yikes - how did that happen!!
Hugs, Sylvia x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

nicolet said...

Wow, this card is amazing!!
Thanks for joining us at Christmaschallenges{with sketches}
Hugs Nicolet

Donna said...

Gorgoues Christmas card Caroline and and very clever paper piecing too. I want som PJ's like this lol! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

PS: I've got your email...will reply soon :)

Joey said...

Absolutely ADORABLE, Love this Caroline. Joey x

Unknown said...

Hi Caroline, ooooh that's just beautiful! Love the colours and your paper piecing is perfect.

Sarah

Wendy said...

Adorable and so gorgeous Caroline, love the fab paper piecing.
Wendy xx

Vicky said...

Sweetie this is gorgeous I soooooooo love Tatty Teddies, me & Natalie love em to bits. Love the colours on this it really is gorgeous shug.
Sorry I've not commented for a while hun but I do pop by, its just not having time to do both.....dont know where the days go tbh lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Faye said...

Hush up! Mistakes indeed! This is scrumptious and the paper piecing looks awesome, so there. And thanks for playing at Cupcake too. X

Roma said...

Fab card ,love the paper piecing ,cannot believe its not that long till christmas ,i havent even started my crimbo cards yet ,i better get a move on lol! x

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Carolone - sweet image and fab LO.
Debs xx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your cute card Caroline.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Such a lovely clean and crisp design. The paper piecing looks lovely.
xx

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is just so, so cute!! Love this bear and his paper piece coat and boots! Thanks so much for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

Zw@@n said...

I like this card! Love the adorable bear and the way you paper pieced the coat and boots. Thank you for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time. Love, Wilma

Stamps and Paper said...

Such an adorable card and such a sweet little bear....thank you for joining in our challenge over at St Lukes

Anne

Anonymous said...

Wow, a fabulous card, brilliant paper piecing and love the design...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Helen x

Joey said...

Hiya Hunny, I used a brown ink pad to tint the edges of the card and paper, gets a bit messy on the fingers but looks nice lol. Joey xx

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card you made, thanks for joining us at CCWS.

hugs Betina

Carol said...

Love this Caroline that bear is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CCWS this time. Carol DT x

Aileen said...

Fabulous Caroline. Love the bear and crisp clean background. x

Jenny said...

Beautifully CAS :0) I love the paper pieced coat on teddy :0)
Thanks for joining us at St Luke's this month :0)
Jenny x