Sunday 1 April 2012

Live the life you love

Recently my cards seem to have been of the 'I can't wait for this one to slip off the page' variety - but I finally found some time to sit and craft and I came up with something I am more than happy with.
This is for my daughter's 23rd birthday on Thursday - how did she get to be a grown up so fast!!


How amazing is this image - it's from  Crafts and Me - and when I saw it I knew it would be perfect. Ignore the horrible streaky lines on it - that's just my cr** printer at work - the download itself is spot on.


I spent ages colouring her with Copics and gave her the same hair and eye colour as my daughter.
I can't wait to try her out with some different colours though - maybe some bright pink, or blue hair!! :-))

I found the perfect little sentiment in a set of stamps that came free with a magazine


Challenges
Divas by Design - Stamp Something
Truly Scrumptious - Use Lace
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Do You Stack Up - Sew it ( I did the stitching on my sewing machine)
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes
CMC Copic Challenge - Spring Pretties ( I used the deep pink from the crocus picture to pick out my ribbon and a mix of blues and pinks from the easter eggs picture on my DP and the image)

Supplies
Crafts and Me Digi Stamp - Cali Girl - coloured with Copics.
Sorry, I don't know what this DP is, I received it as a prize.
XCut heart dies.   Lace, ribbon, gems from my stash.  Sentiment was a magazine freebie
Martha Stewart lace doily punch.

**************************************************************

25 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Just Fabulous! LOve the image! LOve your colouring.
Chrissyxx
Be careful what you wish for lol...I've had those colours he! he!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Caroline, this is FABULOUS! Love the image, the gorgeous colouring, the papers, the layout - everything about this card is perfection!
Happy Birthday Wishes to your Daughter - hugs, Sylvia xx

Roma said...

Wow ! stunningly beautiful card ,gorgeous colours ,image & papers plus the ribbon is gorgeous too x

Vicky said...

Simply stunning Caroline...and fabulous colouring too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Anne said...

Stunning Caroline, she's a beauty!!
Love your colour choice too. Your daughter will love this for sure
Anne x

CraftyC said...

Wow Caroline, this is OMG Gorgeous. You've done a fantastic job colouring her up!
Clairexx

karen said...

Caroline this is beautiful,hugs, Karen

Unknown said...

simply stunnning hugs sassyx

debby4000 said...

This is gorgeous Caroline, love it.
luv
Debby

Stressed Stamper said...

Love it - perfect image for yr daughter - blimey 23...panicing cos Bex was 18!..he he
Hugs
Sarah x

Lee said...

WOW Caroline she will Love this,it's Amazing so Beautiful.Hope you are all well.Hugs xxx

Tami G said...

This is so pretty. Your coloring is fantastic.

Julie said...

A really stunning creation, perfect in every way.

Anonymous said...

OMW, what a stunner!!! I absolutely love this Caroline and I'm sure your daughter will too.

If I made your cards I'd never want them to slip off the page!
xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
a stunning card, awesome colouring as always, beautiful papers & embelies, lovely design, sue,x

febe said...

Gorgeous colors on your fab image with the beautiful papers and embellishments. :)

personal trainer marketing

Lisa T said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Your coloring on her hair is stunning!

deesdesigns said...

Beautifully colored - your daughter is going to love it! congrats on your win at Divas by Design!!!

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card Caroline. I love the image you've used and the colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

Aileen said...

Such a fab image and beautiful colouring. Truly beautiful card. x

Patricia St Martin said...

Stunning card. Your coloring is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Color me Creative Classroom challenge. I love seeing your creation. Goog luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia

Andrea Murdock said...

you had me at hello with this lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at CMC! hugs!

Scrappellen said...

hi Carloline!:)
this is FABULOUS! I LOVE these images, and your coloring is amazing..and I'm sure your daughter will love it too♥
By the way, I camehere,to Thank you for telling me about my wrong links;) It's all fixed up now..thanks to you!;))
wish you a beautiful day further!:)
Hugs, Ellen

Unknown said...

Caroline your cards are amazing I love your style of crafting. Your blog has such beautiful creations well done Great work , I am following you for inspiration. Hugs Elaine

Lesley said...

wow - stunning!

Lesley x